Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I'm not fat, I'm pregnant.

My baby "bump" - 16.5 weeks
There comes a point in pregnancy where your stomach starts to grow a little, but there is no defined pregnancy bump. What you are left with is a belly that looks like it's taken in a few too many beers...or hot wings. It's not cute. I have come to that point this week. I haven't really looked pregnant at all during my pregnancy so far, which made some students give me the side-eye when I told them I was expecting. Most of their responses were, "But you don't LOOK pregnant, Mrs. Hunn!" Yes, I know. But I promise you that there is a baby in there. A baby that makes me want to constantly eat, mainly in the form of carbs.

Anyways, back to the belly. I wore a shirt to work this week that I just wore last week and felt fine in, but this week it clung way too tightly to this growing belly of mine. I'll be honest...it made me a little self-conscious. I found myself grabbing my cardigan (that won't button anymore) and trying to pull it as tightly across my body as possible with a weird arm cross all while trying to appear completely normal to a class full of freshman students. So from here on out, or at least until I have a legitimate baby bump, I will be revolving my outfits around the 3-4 shirts I own that are way more forgiving in the belly area. I am also hoping that this stage doesn't last for very long....because I really would like to actually LOOK pregnant.

- S

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Stef, you are so cute! It looks like a baby bump to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want you to say that at the end of Feb. :)

    erin

    ReplyDelete