Monday, October 3, 2011

On Seeing The Baby Move...

I still don't have much of a baby bump, even though I am willing it to appear. I have definitely gained weight in my stomach, as evidenced by my shirts getting slightly tighter and the scale creeping slightly higher, but not enough to make my belly look pregnant. However, some pretty cool things are happening during this pregnancy!

I started to feel the baby move a couple of weeks ago and at first I wasn't sure if it was actually the baby or *ahem* my digestive tract. The movements have become more distinct in the past week so I'm 99% sure baby is moving around in there. Today I was laying on the couch playing Words with Friends online (yes, I am now addicted) and I felt the baby start to move. I lifted my shirt and saw my stomach jut out quickly. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me so I waited and then saw it again...and again. It was definitely the baby kicking and it was the coolest thing ever. I really thought I would have to wait a few weeks to see the kicking!

Currently: 18 weeks 3 days.

- S

*Note from Jon: Since this happened while I was at work, Stef is determined to get me to see this. Therefore, she is spending the night thus far staring at her bare stomach waiting on our child to kick her. Someone should tell her that in the next 5 months of her pregnancy, it will probably happen more than once. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, and it will happen so hard and at the most inconvenient times that sometimes you may even wish it would stop kicking, just for a bit:) But, you'll miss it later, so go ahead and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Enjoy those movements! I remember in my last few weeks with E I would just sit at work and watch my belly move. It's amazing. Just wait until you have a round belly and then it morphs into a pointy belly! lol

    When I started feeling movement from the outside, I would make my hubby sit with his hand on my belly for HOURS saying "did you feel that?" over and over until he did. Or at least he said he did...

    ReplyDelete