Friday, October 14, 2011

20 weeks - the halfway point.

I had to take my own picture in the mirror since Jon isn't home. I'm not very good at it - sorry!
I just found this weekly update on another blog and thought I would share it with everyone each week. Hopefully there is some variety to it so it's not completely boring. :)

Sex of baby: Pretty sure it's a boy!
 
Size of baby: He's the size of a cantaloupe! 10 inches long from head to foot, 6.5 inches long from head to rump (so this is the cantaloupe part).

Total Weight Gained: 10 pounds - I'll admit it was a little scary to see the scale creep up that much, but I am right on track.

Maternity Clothes: I'm still pretty much in my regular clothes. I have to wear my belly band with a couple of pairs of pants and I've stopped wearing some shirts that are getting too tight though. I just realized today that a pair of jeans I thought were still fitting me really well are not the ones I've actually been wearing. I have 2 pairs that are the same but are different sizes. I put one pair on today and apparently they are the smaller ones because they were tight. I'm still wearing them with the band though. Also, the gray longer shirt I am wearing in my picture is a maternity shirt and it's the first time I have worn it. It's still kinda big on me though so I wore a cardigan over it to cover up the extra fabric!

Movement: If I am sitting still, then he is moving around!

Sleep: I've never been a great sleeper, and pregnancy has just made it worse. I always have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the restroom or find myself waking up because I am uncomfortable or hot. So, I am still pretty tired after work and throughout the rest of the night.

What I miss: I don't necessarily miss alcohol, but I do miss drinking an Oktoberfest or Woodchuck cider while watching the Browns games.

Cravings: I haven't really had cravings that are unusual, but a few weeks ago I found myself craving chips when I don't normally eat them. I also find that I have to put more salt on my food than I used to.

Aversions: Nothing really.

Symptoms: Besides being tired and constantly going to the restroom, I have been getting heartburn more frequently. I got heartburn a lot before I was pregnant though.

Best Moment this week: Finding out the sex! That will be a separate post hopefully sometime soon.

- S

No comments:

Post a Comment