Monday, September 12, 2011

Hearing The Heartbeat

Before I go into our heartbeat appointment, I want to give a quick update on how I've been feeling since that seems like a popular question. I have actually been pretty lucky and haven't been too sick. There are a few days here and there where I feel a little nauseous and there was one week in my first trimester that I felt sick almost every day, but for the most part I have been feeling pretty good. My main "symptom" has been exhaustion. But now that I am in my 2nd trimester, that has been getting better, so I hope to get my full energy back soon. Today, I am currently 15 weeks and 3 days along.

Now, for the heartbeat: We had our appointment on September 2nd and as soon as the doctor placed the doppler on my stomach, we could hear the heart beating. It was really amazing. It's really hard to describe what it feels like to have another heart beating inside of me, so I don't think I will try. Every couple of seconds there was a screeching sound coming from the doppler and the doctor explained to us that the sound occurs every time the baby moves. Our baby was quite active that day (and the day of our ultrasound), so I think we are going to have our hands full when this little one arrives! However, our parents like to remind us that it will be payback for how crazy both Jon and I were as kids.

That's all I have for today. We will find out whether we are having a boy or a girl on October 11th so we are very excited about that appointment! We will try to update our blog at least a few times a week with more of our thoughts and feelings on this whole experience.

- S

1 comment:

  1. FYI, Lily is four and a half and I've yet to "get my full energy back", so I'm thinking that's a parenting myth. ;)

    Congratulations to both of you! Ryan and I are very, very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete