Monday, January 9, 2012

2012 is starting with a lot of transition.

Oh, hey there. I've been absent from the blog, but now that we are only 8 weeks away (!) from my estimated due date I figure I should probably start posting more often.

I've been extremely fortunate to have an easy pregnancy thus far, so I was waiting for something to creep up that would make things a little more difficult. Enter the dreaded back pain. It started around Christmas and has yet to ease up so I think it will be here until baby boy makes his appearance. I find that if I sit up extremely straight and put a heating pad on my back then the pain seems to dissipate some, but even that is just a temporary fix. This should make the transition of moving really fun!

Speaking of... let's move onto one of our transitions this month - moving from our current house into a decent-sized apartment. We knew that this day would come since we have been living in a house that's been for sale for the past year and a half. We also knew that we would have to move even if it didn't sell because it takes a lot of work to keep it clean and orderly all the time (not to mention having to leave anytime there is a showing). However, we did not expect it to take this long for us to find a place to live. We will be moving next week when I have just 6 short weeks until my due date left (we wanted to be moved by October...so we're only 3 months behind!). I feel slightly crazy and overwhelmed. In preparation, I have been purging, organizing and packing and still have a long way to go. I have a tendency to want to "just do things myself," but I have to remember that I can't lift very much and need to take it easy. That whole back pain thing? Yeah, it definitely flares up when I have been busy doing stuff. I just pray that everything goes smoothly and we get the help we need to make our move happen! I hate that I have to push a lot of this on Jon and others.

Another transition this month has been the fact that my long-term subbing job ended. Today was the first day back to "regular subbing" and I couldn't find a job. I have a feeling this is going to happen a lot in the next 2 months unless I get requested to fill in for a teacher. Additionally, it's super weird to go from being at the same school with the same kids and teachers every day to...not. I really do miss that community. I hope that I will be able to find a decent amount of work in the next couple of months since I won't be working for awhile once the baby is born.

Alright, I'm off to go relax this tired back of mine, but wanted to keep you updated on our lives currently!

- S

P.S. I will post a picture soon for those of you who like to see the "bump" grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment